Wednesday, August 6, 2008

my brain


I am a well-balanced woman.  I knew it.  I use both sides of my brain equally.  This can actually be a problem as the two sides occasionally conflict with one another.  But in general, I like it. 

I think the summary of this test describes me pretty well. The parts about being disciplined, organized and a pragmatist are off, I'd say.  But otherwise...
Take this test and let me know what your brain is like!  Hat tip to Bet at Nut Harvest for this!

Your Brain Usage Profile:

Auditory : 40%
 Visual : 60%


Left : 50% 
Right : 50%


Kay, you exhibit an even balance between left- and right- hemisphere dominance and a slight preference for visual over auditory processing. With a score this balanced, it is likely that you would have slightly different results each time you complete this self-assessment quiz.

You are a well-rounded person, distinctly individualistic and artistic, an active and multidimensional learner. At the same time, you are logical and disciplined, can operate well within an organization, and are sensitive towards others without losing objectivity. You are organized and goal-directed. Although a "thinking" individual, you "take in" entire situations readily and can act on intuition.

You sometimes tend to vacillate in your learning styles. Learning might take you longer than someone of equal intellect, but you will tend to be more thorough and retain the material longer than those other individuals. You will alternate between logic and impulse. This vacillation will not normally be intentional or deliberate, so you may experience anxiety in situations where you are not certain which aspect of yourself will be called on.

With a slight preference for visual processing, you tend to be encompassing in your perceptions, process along multidimensional paths and be active in your attacking of situations or learning.

Overall, you should feel content with your life and yourself. You are, perhaps, a little too critical of yourself -- and of others -- while maintaining an "openness" which tempers that tendency. Indecisiveness is a problem and your creativity may not be in keeping with your potential. Being a pragmatist, you downplay this aspect of yourself and focus on the more immediate, obvious and the more functional

11 comments:

  1. Kay, the link isn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nicole. It should be working now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a SUCKER for stuff like this.

    Your Brain Usage Profile:

    Auditory : 61%
    Visual : 38%
    Left : 65%
    Right : 35%

    No wonder we get along!! My description was a little different than yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Brain Usage Profile:

    Auditory : 47%
    Visual : 52%
    Left : 42%
    Right : 57%

    melanie, you are moderately right-hemisphere dominant and have even preferences between auditory and visual processing, traits that might make people perceive you as "slightly off balance."

    You are most likely to be slightly disorganized, a "dreamer" and a person who focuses more on the end result than the immediate task at hand. You are creative and spontaneous if somewhat lacking in direction and focus. You are a learner who is generally patient and a person for whom time is an ally, not an enemy.

    You are more passionate than most people with regard to life and learning and recognize your own intuitive abilities. You have sufficient goal-direction to satisfy yourself and guarantee success without being or feeling driven. You are willing to be reflective about yourself and others without getting lost in rumination.

    The balance of your sensory modes allows for both learning and expressive capabilities achieved by few. You are active and "seeing" while retaining an equally strong propensity for being reflective which slows you down a little but allows for a more comprehensive perception and analysis of situations and problems. You do not spend excessive time analyzing since you mostly trust your perceptions.

    In all likelihood, you have a tendency to over commit and cannot under- stand why others get upset since you operate on a different "time table" than they do. Your organizational abilities are frequently overwhelmed by the stimulation seeking and active nature of your mind as well as by the tendency to create new categories and gloss over details, making categorization and classification almost impossible at times.

    To the extent that your career path allows for creativity and abstraction as well as a bit of disorganization, you should find yourself equipped to handle any learning that is required. Your own personal adjustment to your style should come naturally although you are likely to feel frustrated by your own limited discipline and often wonder "Why?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy doing these tests :)

    Your Brain Usage Profile:

    Auditory : 62%
    Visual : 37%
    Left : 57% (this just negates the comment I left somewhere about me being in my right mind...oh well)
    Right : 42%

    Robin, you are mildly left-hemisphere dominant while showing a slight preference for auditory processing. This overall combination seems to indicate a well-working blend of logic and judgment and organization, with sufficient intuition, perception and creativity to balance that dominance.

    You will at times experience conflict between how you feel and what you think which will generally be resolved in favor of what you think. You will find yourself interested in the practical applications of whatever material you have learned or whatever situation you face and will retain the ability to refine whatever knowledge you possess or aspects of whatever position you are in.

    By and large, you will orient yourself toward intellectual activities and structure. Though not rigid, you will schedule yourself, plan, and focus on routine and continuity of operations, rather than on changes and disruptions

    When changes or disruptions occur, you are likely to consider first how to ensure that such disruptions do The same balance is reflected in your sensory preference. You will tend to be reflective and measured in your interaction style. For the most part, you will be considered objective without being cold and goal-oriented while retaining the capacity to listen to others.

    Preferentially you learn by listening and maintaining significant internal dialogues with yourself. Nevertheless, you have sufficient visualization capabilities to benefit from using graphs, charts, doodles, or even body movement to enhance your comprehension and memory.

    To the extent that you are even implicitly aware of your hemispheric dominance and sensory style, you will feel most comfortable in those arenas which emphasize verbal skills and logic. Teaching, law, and science are those that stand out among the professions, along with technical sales and management.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am...
    Auditory-52
    visual-47
    left-50
    right-50
    This was pretty much right on for me, even down to the learning situations being difficult for me. Apparently I can't decide how I want to learn, and switch back and forth, and question myself (I do), but I am perfectly balanced and they said something good about that, but I don't remember.
    I guess the good was becasue I'M PERFECT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I took the test too. I am left brained. Just what I thought...
    I love your header!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you see me as "slightly off balance."?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monday, I kinda wish mine told me I was "slightly off balance"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I KNOW I'm off balance, I don't have to be told. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!