Friday, February 22, 2008

reading meme


My friend Megan, who has a book coming out in April, tagged me the other day over at A Prisoner of Hope. I ran into her today, too, at Panera. There I was with my husband writing away and she showed up with her laptop to write, too!


Here is the tag as it is supposed to be played:

The Rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages), or whatever book you are currently reading.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people.


But, I'm a rebel, so I'm doing it my own way. I opened my book to my bookmark and will pick up where I left off. If I tag you, you can do it the right way or the wrong way, I don't care. But let us know if you do it.

I am reading The Messenger of Magnolia Street by River Jordan.


"He has crossed over into a world where the unbelievable can happen, where spring is still indescribably beautiful in the middle of what he now knows to be an encroaching darkness. Trice's eclipse. He is no longer banking on the plausible."


I'm also not going to tag anyone. If you want to play, just let us know so we can see what you are reading!

5 comments:

  1. I have a link there. Just put your mouse over her name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to tag you but noticed you already were tagged! This must be tag season..good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will go ahead and post my at my robinsreadingroom.blogspot.com blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just going to tell you my answer - I am reading Ruth Haley Barton's Invitation to Solitude and Silence - here is one sentence on page 123. "Consolation is the interior movement of the heart that gives us a deep sense of life-giving connection with God, others and our authentic self in God." GREAT BOOK! I like this meme. Interesting to see what people are reading.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!