Saturday, February 2, 2008

prayers of my life

I want to share a few of the things that I consistently pray for. Most of these are things I've talked to God about for at least 20 years.

~ You're will be done. Whatever that means. However it may look to me. I want what You want. And I want to want what you want.

~Give me an eternal perspective. I want to see everything in light of eternity instead of only seeing how it affects me in the here and now. I don't want to be limited by this physical, time-bound realm.

~I surrender all. I give up this. I give up that. Show me what I've not given up and help me to let it go, too. This one is a constant one, because I tend to re-grab hold of things I've already let go of.

~Teach me the truth. If this thing that I believe is wrong, show me. I don't want to believe lies. If that thing that I think is wrong is actually right, then show me. I want to believe the truth.

~Show me your heart. I want to love what you love. Hate what you hate. I want to weep over the things that break your heart and rejoice over the things that make you sing.


These are only a few, of course. But I think these prayers have made a huge difference in who I am as a person. How I intrepret things. How I see life and God. And He has taught me so much.


*What is wrong with my spell check?! I can't spell! And it won't let me insert photos either!*

2 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts!