Here are thirteen Christian books that I have read at least two times.
1. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom - The true story of a family in Holland who hid Jews during the Holocaust.
2. A Chance to Die by Elisabeth Elliott - the biography of Amy Carmichael who was a missionary to India during the turn of the last century.
3. By Searching by Isobel Kuhn - Isobel's story from doubt to faith. She went to China as a missionary in the 1920's.
4. A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken - A beautiful autobiographical tale of deep, passionate, consuming love.
5. Run Baby Run by Nicky Cruz - the autobiographical story of Nicky Cruz, a gang member who finds God.
6. Christy by Catherine Marshall - A fictionalized account of a true story. Christy goes into the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee to teach school at the age of 19.
7. C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy. Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, That Hideous Strength. These are very imaginative. You have to keep in mind that they were written in the 40's, so the thoughts he had about space travel are pretty cool. There is a great spiritual thread running through the books, of course. It IS C. S. Lewis.
8. Phantastes and Lilith by George MacDonald. Actually, several books by George MacDonald. He is an old time writer. His books have been edited so that we can understand them because they were originally written in old Scottish dialect. The style is still old, but I love his books. These two I mentioned are fantasies and while I enjoy reading them for entertainment, I am pretty sure the deeper stuff goes over my head.
9. Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow - A non-fiction book about contentment, worry, regret, forgiveness and more.
10. Lord I Want to Know You by Kay Arthur - A wonderful book teaching about many of the different names of God.
11. The Path of Loneliness by Elisabeth Elliot - we've all had times of loneliness, but this book is full of wonderful encouragement and wisdom for any time.
12. The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis - we all are pretty familiar with these books now. If you haven't read them, though, DO.
13. The Bible by God - It's essential.