Tuesday, June 24, 2008

magpies


Well, slap me up side of the head and call me a tuna!  I forgot to post yesterday!

I have long been a fan of Magpies.  I think they are nostalgic for me.  It seems like my dad used to point them out when we went for rides.  I don't know.  But I like them.

That may not be true for long, however.  Apparently our area is a great breeding ground for Magpies.

Have you ever heard a baby Magpie?

The thing is these "babies" are the same size as their parents.  The only way to tell they are babies is that they holler all the time and sit around with their mouths open.  And they do holler.  

In the mornings, they prefer the trees near my bedroom.  Nice.



5 comments:

  1. They are definately noisy. I didn't know the babies were the same size as the parents - no wonder we never see little ones flying around.
    Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some annoying birds near our house too. I wonder if they could be magpies. The incessant chirping is aggravating to say the least.

    Check out my slide show - your smiling face is in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they mistake cars for toilets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha Momstheword :) We have that problem with some birds too...

    I don't know that I've ever seen a magpie.

    We have lots of birds that hang out around our home. When my bedrest started and the weather was unseasonably cool I slept in the living room with the windows open and the birdies started their chirping around 4am, but it actually brought me comfort. I made me think about the fact that God knows when the little birds fall and that he loves my "little bird" that's growing within and that HE will be with a take care of my little one too.

    One morning, a few weeks ago, when my son was waking up and went to close his window and he said, "No leave it open I like to hear the little birdies." I smiled and hugged him and left it open :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tuna! I have not really paid attention to the Magpies. I am not sure they are around here or not. We have a lot of Blue Jays and cardinals.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!