Friday, September 12, 2008

big what?

Have you seen the Big Bang machine?
I'm almost at a loss for words over it.  What an astronomical waste of money.  (pun intended)

I would laugh if I didn't think it was so sad.  They are hoping to find the "God Particle."  That one minute thing that formed the fabric of our universe.  Well, I hope they do find it.  Because I know what "it" is and He can't be found in a big machine.

Apparently there was a lot of concern about what might happen when they turn this thing on.  Makes sense.  Seems to me if they could reproduce the Big Bang that it would be cataclysmic.  It that can create an entire universe, then I wonder what it would do to the planet it is buried in?  They talk about these particles producing incredible amounts of energy - sounds potentially dangerous to me.  

They fired it up on Wednesday.  We didn't explode.  So does that mean they failed?  They consider whatever happened on Wednesday to be a success.  I admit it is all beyond me - I mean these are physicists we are talking about.  

Also, it sure is taking a lot of work, precision, and time to imitate this thing that supposedly just randomly happened.

It must break God's heart.  The lengths people will go to in order to explain Him away.  

In case you haven't realized, I am a creationist.  Or a believer in Intelligent Design.  More to the point, I believe the Bible.  My great God spoke a word and the universe came into being.  There is nothing cooler than that.  

I love science by the way.  But what I love about it is the way it often reveals God.  You should go read Complimentary Thoughts - in my sidebar, if you also like science.  Loretta does a great job of merging science and faith.

9 comments:

  1. Crazy, isn't it?

    If you want to have a chuckle, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moEzECvJDas

    It's an animated version of what it would look like if a black hole was created. So life would end in about 45 seconds? I don't think that's how God says it will end.

    A prisoner of hope,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. It takes a lot more faith to believe in something like that. And they think creationism is far fetched?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jan. It is harder to believe in that than to believe in creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep - I believe in the big bang theory. God spoke it and BANG it existed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay:

    You nailed it. You did a fine job.

    Thanks for the plug too! Great minds think alike!

    I think I feel a pull from a black hole...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son knows what the fear was...dark matter. The "stuff" that no one knows what it is that is found between known things. Black hole. He said some scientists were sueing to stop it, because if it worked it would create dark matter. What a gamble, you know for those few scientist to put the whole world at risk because they just had to find out. But of course it didn't work, because they aint God!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!