Tuesday, August 28, 2007

going home


The Taliban has agreed to let the Korean hostages go home! Praise God! I am so grateful on their behalf. Yet, somehow while reading the article I felt less than victorious. The Koreans have been such avid missionaries throughout the world. And now they will be blocked on both ends from going into Afghanistan.

Also, the family spokesperson's apology for "causing trouble" breaks my heart. Do not apologize for carrying the message of Christ to the lost. Do not apologize for the trouble. It was the kidnappers who caused the trouble! For crying out loud.

This seems to be a mixed blessing to me. A victory and a defeat for the Kingdom of God. But He has His ways and will work it out.

So, I will thank Him for the imminent release of these beautiful people! And leave the rest to Him.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that it was the kidnappers that caused the trouble. I believe the spokeperson was apologizing to the South Korean government which was caught between that proverbial rock and a hard place. Most governments have a policy against redeeming hostages in any way. I think God is going to use this in a big and unexpected way, maybe even in South Korea itself. Think how these young people can use this experience to further His cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thankful for their release. It really is a shame that THEY feel like they are to blame!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!