Sunday, March 18, 2007

dumb sheep


I was praying earnestly in church today. Laying it all out for God. Explaining to Him how best He could accomplish my request and fix things that I need fixed.

Then, I pictured a sheep in the pasture full of sheep, looking up at her shepherd and telling Him the best way to manage His flock. It hit me so clearly, I almost giggled in church.

I am sure that my Shepherd knows exactly what He's doing and how to do it. I imagine that a goofy sheep that runs away at the site of anything unusual and can't even find decent food for herself is not a good advisor.

This dumb sheep is thankful that her Shepherd knows His business and is doing it well -- as always.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome promise! Praying for you, Kay.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!