Sunday, September 23, 2007

once upon a time

It was a short romance. We didn't talk to each other. We were from different worlds and spoke different languages. We would look into each other's eyes and smile. We held hands at the seaside. When I turned to say goodbye, he had already gone.


The church we visited today had a speaker from Haiti. It reminded me of the brief relationship I had there. You can see the sweet guy sitting on my lap. Most of the other children were very clingy and wanting things all the time, but this little guy was very quiet and whenever he saw me he would walk over and take my hand.

And the seaside where we held hands. Quite a lovely spot, don't you think?

We were there for a truly beautiful event, though. Baptism of Haitian believers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!