Thirteen cool places I have been or things I have seen!
1. The Fisherman's Memorial in Gloucester, Maine.
2. The Citadelle Laferriere in Haiti. Haiti has a fascinating history. Well worth looking into. This fort was built to ensure their freedom from the French, but the ruler who built it used his countrymen as slaves to get the job done. When the slaves would die, their blood was mixed into the mortar between the stones.
3. Teotihuacan in Mexico.
4. The Liberty Bell
5. Labadee. They call it a private island, but what the tourists don't know is that it is actually Haiti. I didn't go on a cruise ship, we drove and had the entire beach to ourselves when I was there on a college mission trip.
6. Old Faithful
7. Old Ironsides - The USS Constitution. I love history. We only were able to go on the deck and not below, but it was really neat. I loved everything about Boston.
8. National Gallery of Art in Washington DC. I've been here a few times. I loved Washington DC and would love to go back with the kids sometime. Of course, I saw a lot of things there, but chose this because I love art and its where I went on my first trip to DC.
10. Appomattox Courthouse. Where General Lee signed the surrender to General Grant ending the Civil War. On my birthday. But several years earlier.
11. Statue of Liberty. We only saw this from a ferry, but it was still really cool to see.
12. Arlington National Cemetery. I enjoy exploring cemeteries. This is one big cemetery with many interesting things to see.
13. The top of Pikes Peak.