Sunday, June 3, 2007

not really, (a rebuttal)


I've been thinking, and I'm not really a believer. At least not the kind I implied in the previous post. When you believe something you KNOW it. It is unquestionable in your mind.


I will not debate with anyone whether or not there is a real Nessy. Or that crop circles are anything other than pranks. So, no - I don't really believe those things. I hope those things. I would like for them to be true. But to say that I believe is overstating.


I believe that oxygen is good for me -- not just good, necessary.

I believe that what goes up, must come down.


I also believe in God. That He is real. He is in control at all times and of every circumstance. He is good. He is faithful. He loves us. On and on, actually. There is a lot I believe about God.


I believe in Jesus Christ and the salvation He died to provide for us. Because He loves us and is faithful and is real and is good, etc.


I will debate these truths. I would die for some of them. They are as true as the fact that I need air to live. These things, I believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!