Wednesday, May 30, 2007

summertime




It's Summer now that school is out and Memorial Day has passed. I guess officially we have a few more weeks, but I've never been very official.



The smells of summer:


Cantaloupe--I don't care for it myself, but all of my family does. That smell always means summer to me.


Fresh mown grass


Hot cotton -- when a kid we used to make a tent on Grandma's clothes line with some of her quilts. The smell of them in the hot sun was a wonderful smell. I still enjoy taking a quilt out and letting it warm in the sun.


State Fair smells


Sunscreen


Dirt


Koolaid




The sights of summer:


Kids running through sprinklers


Checkered tablecloths


Mountain lakes


Storm clouds


Kids riding bikes at dusk


Wildflowers


Too much skin


Fireworks




The sounds of summer:


Kids squealing as they run through sprinklers


Crickets


Cicadas


Bees


Ice Cream Trucks


Fans


The touch of summer:


The breeze from the fan


Cool water


Damp grass


Cotton clothes


Gravel under bare feet


Itchy mosquito bites



The tastes of summer:


Watermelon


Lemonade


Iced tea


Ice cream


Corn on the cob


Fresh green beans


BBQ


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!