Tuesday, May 22, 2007

leaving


"You have to leave before you can arrive."


That was the theme of my daughter's culmination ceremony at school today.


I like that thought.

Timely.


We are leaving a town we have lived in for 11 years. We recently left a church we had been in for several years. My kids will be leaving their school, and all of us leaving friends and familiarity.


You can't get anywhere when you're sitting in one place. You can't do something new until you stop doing the old thing - usually.
You can't reach the goal unless you leave the starting block.
edited to add :
You can't move into the new house unless you pack up the old one!

1 comment:

  1. Where are you moving? And when? I tried to read older posts to discover the answer to my questions.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!