Saturday, July 11, 2009

saturday 9

Yes, I'm doing a lot of memes, but at least I'm not shutting down for the summer like a lot of my friends are. So I hope you don't mind. I will do some real posts from time to time, too.

I got this one here.


1. If you have been or are married, tell us about your wedding. If you are not, tell us how would you want it to be. We got married in November, the day after Thanksgiving. I can't remember what our rationale was, but I know it wasn't the best timing. People were out of town, and guests who lived out of town weren't as likely to travel for a wedding. So we had a smaller turn out than we expected. But we're still married, so it's all good.
It was a nice ceremony. The man who set us up married us.
It was cold and when we went to the back building for the reception, it was locked. Someone eventually found a key or something.


2. What age would you encourage your children to get married? twenty-four or twenty-five sounds good. I remember my dad telling me something like that and I thought, "Yeah right!" I couldn't wait to get married! But turns out I was twenty-seven when I finally tied the knot.

3. Who got married at the last wedding that you attended? My cousin Ben got married. I really don't get invited to a lot of weddings. I guess most of the people I know are already married.

4. Do you enjoy weddings and receptions? I do. I really do. Especially the reception so I can talk with people I don't' see often.

5. Have you cried at a wedding? Oh, yes. Especially my cousin Ben's because his mama wasn't there. That was hard. She passed in 2000 from cancer.

6. Would you prefer a lavish event or a intimate ceremony? Mine was pretty simple and small. But these days, I would probably rather have a big bash, go all out, do it up right!

7. Have you ever been in some one’s wedding party? If yes, do tell. I was flower girl in my cousin QOTW's wedding and in her sister's wedding I was a bride's maid. I was a bride's maid in my friend Anna's first wedding and in my sister's first wedding. I was a bride's maid in my college roommate's wedding. I think that's it. Oh, my college roommate's brother had me do the guest book in his. That was funny, but nice. I was at their house for Spring break or something.

8. Does a wedding make you happy and sentimental or grouchy and skeptical? Not really grouchy, but happy, sentimental, and skeptical by turns.

9. Why do you think our divorce rate is so high? People think marriage is all about being happy and as soon as they realize that it's work, they give up. People don't know what commitment means anymore. Also, I think we get a lot of false ideas pumped into us about what love is supposed to be and we are disappointed when reality is so different. People in general aren't well prepared for marriage. And we have fewer and fewer examples of what a strong marriage looks like.
Not that I have any opinions about it or anything.

I would post a picture from my wedding, but the scanner is broken.

Tell me about your wedding!

2 comments:

  1. My wedding was a lot of fun. Dancing and laughing. Our wish was to have so much fun..that when we left for our honeymoon the party would keep going. It did! I knew that the Lord put me with this man...so the whole wedding was full of thanksgiving. I was so amazed that God gave me such a man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. which one LOL?

    My 1st one was a bigger wedding (couldn't have it at the little church I few up in or there wouldn't have been room for my side so we had it in town at the "big" church). It was nice the main "bad" memory I have of it is we had the reception at a hotel about 15-20 minutes from where we had the wedding which is only about 15 minutes from my parents how. Well, we (my new dh & I) had a room overlooking the pool & woke up the next a.m. to MY MOTHER'S LAUGH!!!

    My 2nd was smaller but my mom "thought" she forgot the ring bearer's pillow (turned out it was in the car all along & I have no idea why she didn't look there)so the 2 ring bearers got a rose to carry down. One of them turned around, accidently poked my (4 y.o.) daughter/flower girl in the face, she cried & wouldn't walk down the aisle so of course the other flower girl wouldn't walk down the aisle by herself. So my one bridesmaid (her mom) walked down w/her & I'm walking down w/Jenny on one side & my brother's best friend (who walked me down the aisle instead of my dad this time - I had him & my mom walk down together) on the other side, trying to carry my bouquet of flowers too.
    Oh, at the rehersal, my brother who was playing the organ for my wedding decided to be a smart butt & played 2nd Hand Rose when I was about to walk down the aisle.
    Then at the reception, my mother dumps her glass of wine all over the table & on her roll of film (while Pat's oldest brother - his best man was giving the toast). Instead of just cleaning it up & not drawing attention to herself she makes a big deal out of it & the videographer (who's a friend of theirs) turns his attention away from Jeff & onto my mother!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!