Yes, I'm doing a lot of memes, but at least I'm not shutting down for the summer like a lot of my friends are. So I hope you don't mind. I will do some real posts from time to time, too.
I got this one here.
1. If you have been or are married, tell us about your wedding. If you are not, tell us how would you want it to be. We got married in November, the day after Thanksgiving. I can't remember what our rationale was, but I know it wasn't the best timing. People were out of town, and guests who lived out of town weren't as likely to travel for a wedding. So we had a smaller turn out than we expected. But we're still married, so it's all good.
It was a nice ceremony. The man who set us up married us.
It was cold and when we went to the back building for the reception, it was locked. Someone eventually found a key or something.
2. What age would you encourage your children to get married? twenty-four or twenty-five sounds good. I remember my dad telling me something like that and I thought, "Yeah right!" I couldn't wait to get married! But turns out I was twenty-seven when I finally tied the knot.
3. Who got married at the last wedding that you attended? My cousin Ben got married. I really don't get invited to a lot of weddings. I guess most of the people I know are already married.
4. Do you enjoy weddings and receptions? I do. I really do. Especially the reception so I can talk with people I don't' see often.
5. Have you cried at a wedding? Oh, yes. Especially my cousin Ben's because his mama wasn't there. That was hard. She passed in 2000 from cancer.
6. Would you prefer a lavish event or a intimate ceremony? Mine was pretty simple and small. But these days, I would probably rather have a big bash, go all out, do it up right!
7. Have you ever been in some one’s wedding party? If yes, do tell. I was flower girl in my cousin QOTW's wedding and in her sister's wedding I was a bride's maid. I was a bride's maid in my friend Anna's first wedding and in my sister's first wedding. I was a bride's maid in my college roommate's wedding. I think that's it. Oh, my college roommate's brother had me do the guest book in his. That was funny, but nice. I was at their house for Spring break or something.
8. Does a wedding make you happy and sentimental or grouchy and skeptical? Not really grouchy, but happy, sentimental, and skeptical by turns.
9. Why do you think our divorce rate is so high? People think marriage is all about being happy and as soon as they realize that it's work, they give up. People don't know what commitment means anymore. Also, I think we get a lot of false ideas pumped into us about what love is supposed to be and we are disappointed when reality is so different. People in general aren't well prepared for marriage. And we have fewer and fewer examples of what a strong marriage looks like.
Not that I have any opinions about it or anything.
I would post a picture from my wedding, but the scanner is broken.
Tell me about your wedding!