Tuesday, April 3, 2007

planet earth

If you have not yet watched any of the Discovery Channel's series Planet Earth you are missing out.
It is worth watching just for the cinematography. Gorgeous.
There have been so many nature programs that I kinda got to thinking that maybe I had seen it all. But this series has things I'd never even imagined. The Birds of Paradise in the Rainforest were a real hoot! Just like something from Dr. Seuss.
I have learned several new interesting facts. Weather patterns are fascinating. The sand from the Sahara fertilizes the Amazon Rainforest? Who knew?
Watching the cranes fly OVER the Himalayas was breathtaking.
There are still several opportunities to check it out. Go to the Discovery Channel website to see the listings. I think you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!