Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Feet - a partial repost

Not everyone will have a Merry Christmas.
"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows." Isaiah 53:4


Photo from Morguefile.com

When one of my kids asked why I had a picture of a foot on my blog, I said, "Because it's Christmas and Jesus got feet." 
He traded feet like bronze for feet of flesh. Pudgy little feet with ten little piggies. 
He stubbed his toes. He stepped on splinters and stickers and rocks. 

Nails were pounded into those feet.

I know that during the thirty-three years He wore those feet, he experienced grief and loss. Jesus knows our pain. We are never alone in our suffering.

If this Christmas is a difficult one for you, cling to the deeper truth of the Holiday. Jesus put on flesh, suffered and died.
God came down to walk with us. He walks with us still. 

Forget the bells and tinsel, the egg nog and cookies and cling to the one who has walked where you walk. He hasn't just been in your shoes; He's been in your feet.

2 comments:

I love to hear your thoughts!