Thursday, April 12, 2012

Got Something to Talk About

Evangeline tagged me for this meme and as I haven't done a meme in a while and I haven't posted anything at all in a while, I decided to go for it.
It's just eleven questions. 

1. Book or movie and why?  

I just happen to be part of a book club that discusses a book and then watches the movie that was made from the book. Before this, I'd believed that the book was always better than the movie, but it turns out that it's about 50/50. Some movies are actually better. An example would be Jurassic Park. Although some would disagree with that. I felt like the movie condensed the story to what was important and added a character arc that was missing in the book.


Some books and movies are equally good, like The Princess Bride. And some books are clearly better than the movie, like The Big Sleep. The book actually makes sense and is wonderfully written. While I enjoy the movie, I never understood what was going on until I'd read the book.

2. Real book or e-book?



Both. I love my Kindle and read a lot of books on it. But sometimes I want to buy a book in it's paperly form. I do prefer the Kindle for library books when possible. They automatically disappear when the loan is over--no more late fees!


3. Funniest thing you've done in the last 5 years? 

Oh gosh. I don't think I've been very funny in the last five years. My friend Robbie and I spent a forty minute car ride talking country to each other. That was pretty funny.

4. How would your best friend describe you?

I have no idea! One of my best friends told me I'm very accepting. One told me I was wise. I'm pretty sure that silly or goofy would be on the list. 

5. Do you put yourself into the books you read/write or the movies you watch? 

I get pretty involved. Especially in movies.


6. Favorite kind of car and why?

I've always liked Jaguars. Because they're pretty and classy. 


7. Would your choice of party be a catered meal or barbecue out back? 

I like both. Sometimes I'm in a fancy sit-down-meal mood but other times I'd rather do the cook out. Either way, I want someone else to do the cooking, the serving,  and the cleaning. 

8. What's your favorite season and why?




Fall! I love the way the air feels. I love the way sound travels. I love the smells of dried leaves, spices, and pumpkins. I love the slant of the light. I love the first fire in the fireplace. I love cider. I love apples. I love Thanksgiving. I love the expectation of winter. I love everything about fall.

 9. What specific lesson have you learned - Spiritual, educational, occupational? 

I've learned that we are all more alike than different.

10. Besides writing, what's your favorite thing to do when you get some extra time? 

Paint. Read. Watch movies. Watch Star Trek. Watch Dr. Who. Facebook. 


11. What's one place you can be found at least one time every week?


Church

I'm supposed to tag eleven people, but I'm not going to. If you do it on your blog, let me know!


1 comment:

  1. As your best friend, I can say that you are all of the above: Accepting, wise, silly, and goofy. I think it was I who told you you were accepting.
    www.denisemillerholmes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts!